Monday, April 06, 2009

Chapter 4.1 - Missing Home


And so here comes week 8. Approaching the halfway point of semester one. Can't wait for the final exam to come. Every week repeats itself over and over again, now that I find it so dreadful. I'm missing home terribly. I need to see everyone in person, not through skype. I need to see my poor kopi at home. He's going to get so lonely everyday. I wish I could spend more time with him. Indeed..kopi's my best friend; man's best friend. I'm not too far from home either, it's only approx. 3600km away, or a 5 hours flight home. If only I could treat plane rides like bus rides...

It really shifts my focus away when I think of kopi at home, and no one to play with him. Now I understand, when people question my capability to go away from home and still taking up a 6-year degree when I already know what to expect. Back at home, I always thought, yea, 6 years and so be it. Cause I know what I want to pursue in life, but thinking back now, I fully understood why my uncle (back then) said he wouldn't want to leave home for any related reasons. hmm.. still a long way to go, long long way. Things I'm doing now set me thinking, and quite a bit every night when I'm still hugging my notes at an hour past midnight. The mind is such a complex entity, in everyone of us, yet intangible, has the ability to affect our actions, to either throw us off track, or to keep us focused. Yet nothing can control the mind.



Typical breakfast before school.





Sandwiches save me time during rush hours.




sliced mushrooms spotted.


Studying can be boring.



Clock I bought from Ikea over the weekend. 


Now I just want this semester to end...I lost all reasons to smile (except to the foodcourt singaporean auntie when I buy food from her). 

cheers.

No comments: