Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter 11.4 - FOOD. for thought.


On a rainy autumn evening, which is approximately 7pm right now. Haven't exactly thought of what to prepare for dinner but yet I thought of fried carrot cake (black pls.), ba chor mee..everything else appeals to me except what's in my kitchen. Besides craving for home food, what came across my mind is actually the idea that eating what you crave at the moment, can actually make you a whole lot happier.






How do we explain food craving? Why do we only crave for certain food, at only certain times, and not everyday? So what causes the sudden onset of intense desire?

and lastly, food craving decreases the appeal of other food..which then affects how we perceive the taste it. So although 90% of taste comes from smell, I believe a big chunk comes from what goes on in the brain, or rather I would think - the limbic system. Perhaps?


No comments: