Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chapter 5.5 - August fades away; winter ends.

August comes to an end. Winter's almost over. Here comes spring. Nights are still as cold as ever, winds still haven't got over their craze. Four days ago my dad told me they're coming to visit me in Perth. When? 27 Aug. Little did I realised it's next thursday. Okay, what a random decision. Guessed they'll be here for a week. Dad says this is his get away from work. Well, he should wind down. Really wasn't expecting that. I think they're here to celebrate my birthday for me. Possibly. I don't usually treat birthdays seriously so I guess it's a bonus for me this year then. Appreciated.

And so, 29 aug. I remember two years ago, I started off my 28km graduation road march on the 28 aug. We marched through the night, and I've my army mates wishing me happy birthday after midnight. Reached back camp at about 4.30am for graduation ceremony. What a way to spend my birthday then. I thought it was interesting though, and that which still remains in my memory proves a point.

Three weeks since I came back. I'm having serious sleep disorder. I believed something isn't too right about me at the moment. For a week or two, I haven't slept more than 4 hours everyday. It's accumulative fatigue if you'd put it. But again, I don't feel tired everyday even if I end late in school. (falling asleep in lecture isn't counted.) Yesterday had a full day and went for almost a 2 hour soccer session. Those crazy guys, they didn't have half time! Came back yet I'm still wide awake till past 1am. Laid in bed since half past nine till past eleven. It can be pretty torturing to not sleep when you want to. Thousands of thoughts flashed past my mind while in bed, staring into the immense darkness. I ask myself questions and answer them on my own. With my ipod plucked in, this often goes on for hours.

Called ah ma a few days back. Found out she wasn't feeling well. No wonder she never skype with me. Again, no one told me until I find out myself. Seriously. If again I'm the last to find out anything serious, trust me to fly back singapore in the next couple of hours.

Had my farm practicals with pigs last week. Had to be in overalls and gum boots. Learned to move pigs from A to B, weighing them, restraining them for drawing blood and checkup, gauging their well-being and health, giving antibiotics. Learned possibly alot in the short three hours. Had a good scrub on my hands and boots before I left in view of biosecurity reasons. Covered in dirt and shit and urine. Hands smelt of pig shit for the entire night. But I still enjoyed my dinner, haha! This job isn't for the weak hearted man. Go in, get dirty and get the job done. I simply love what I do. (:

This is the life I look forward to. Away from the hustle of the city and business districts. Into the woods and greeneries.

At the moment, there's just so much to do, and consider. Bits and pieces, going in every directions. I feel so ripped apart. But for sure, I'll survive this tough patch. What doesn't kill, makes you stronger. I held on to this.

No comments: